Operations & Community Action Manager
The Operations and Community Action Manager will manage EcoCentre facilities, business systems, fundraising appeals, and volunteering and community programs including activities onsite, in the field and through digital platforms.
We're seeking an unflappable, multi-skilled and collaborative leader to manage our foundational systems through a period of growth and facility redevelopment, work in an executive management team, and coordinate our community action team to deliver impactful and inclusive projects.
- have relevant formal qualifications and/or 7+ years professional experience in management or areas related to the EcoCentre purposes
- be an organiser who thrives in an inclusive, high-energy work place and is committed to the internal and external ingredients for a successful community organisation
- capably inspire and activate individuals and communities
- enjoy both planning and nimble, adaptive problem-solving
- have a holistic understanding of local and global environmental issues
You will join a team of passionate professionals in an award-winning, outcome-focused, dynamic community environmental organisation.
The position is a 12 months contracted position of 0.8 FTE, at a salary of approximately $101,000 (pro rata) plus 10% superannuation. Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose a CV, a document briefly addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and a 1 page covering letter mentioning when you would be available to start and explaining why you would be the ideal choice.
Applicants must have full living and working rights in Australia, and able to pass a Working With Children Check.
Applications close at midnight on Tuesday 5 October 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you have any questions, please call April Seymore on 0466 284 964
Student Placement (Next intake term 4, 2021)
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for university and high school students to complete their work experience or student placement.
Current opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- • Tomorrow's Leaders for Sustainability project - documenting, reviewing and evaluating the delivery of our award-winning student leadership program
- • Environmental Education social media project - developing and implementing a social media program to promote and showcase the programs, events and achievements of the EcoCentre
- • Development of environmental educational curriculum resources - aligned to biodiversity, energy, waste and water
- Creation of short environmental educational films for use in classroom and excursions
- Assisting the Environmental Education team to deliver a wide range of school programs and excursions
Teacher Placement (Next intake term 4, 2021)
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for pre-service teachers, educators on parental leave or those who have been out of the of the classroom who would like to experience a range of pedagogy and educational opportunities in a variety of schools.
Teachers on placement will 'shadow' our Educators are they deliver a wide range of incursion and excursions.
For more information on student and teacher placements please contact our Education Team email@example.com or (03) 9525 3102
Student and Teacher placements are voluntary.