Community Engagement Coordinator
Type of employment: This is a full-time, contracted role.
Applications due by: midnight, Sunday 1st December
We are seeking a friendly and pro-active Community Engagement Coordinator. The position is a full-time contracted position at level 4 of the SCHCADS Award 2010 ($68K approx.) We’re looking for an enthusiastic people-person who can juggle, drink tea, talk the talk while having fun, and who is experienced in all forms of community engagement.
- Foster relationships with EcoCentre partners, funders, supporters, members and coordinate volunteers
- Coordinate the EcoCentre facilities and liaise with its users
- Have a holistic understanding of biodiversity, sustainability and climate change
- Inspire and activate communities to be engaged in environmental action
They will join a team of passionate professionals in an award-winning, outcome-focused, dynamic community environmental organisation.
Aboriginal people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: "Community Engagement Coordinator application via website"
Please apply by midnight on Sunday 1 December 2019. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Please enclose a CV, a document briefly addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and a 1 page covering letter mentioning when you would be available to start and explaining why you would be the ideal choice.
For questions regarding this role, phone Fam Charko on (03) 9525 3102
Student Placement (Next intake term 1, 2019)
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for university and high school students to complete their work experience or student placement.
Current opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Tomorrow's Leaders for Sustainability project - documenting, reviewing and evaluating the delivery of our award-winning student leadership program
- Environmental Education social media project - developing and implementing a social media program to promote and showcase the programs, events and achievements of the EcoCentre
- Development of environmental educational curriculum resources - aligned to biodiversity, energy, waste and water
- Creation of short environmental educational films for use in classroom and excursions
- Assisting the Environmental Education team to deliver a wide range of school programs and excursions
Teacher Placement (Next intake term 1, 2019)
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for pre-teacher students, teachers on maturnity/ paternity leave or those who have been out of the of the classroom who would like to experience a range of pedagogy and educational opportunities in a variety of schools.
Teachers on placement will 'shadow' our Educators are they deliver a wide range of incursion and excursions.
For more information on student and teacher placements please contact our Education Team email@example.com or (03) 9525 3102
Student and Teacher placements are voluntary.